TBA General Auditions 2017 Frequently Asked Questions
To order a video
- Use this link to order your video: Click to order video
- If you are an ATLAS actor, use this link: ATLAS ONLY video order
- The form has a link for you to pay with PayPal or by credit card.
- Sorry, we can not accept cash or checks.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND ORDERS TO TBA
Why record your performance?
- Create a professional marketing tool to promote your acting career.
Many producers have moved beyond black and white headshots and
resumes and use internet video to help cast their projects. This is
especially true of film producers.
- Take advantage of this great opportunity to record your audition at
a fraction of the cost of producing a professional video on your own.
- Support TBA with a portion of the proceeds.
What would I do with a video?
- Promote yourself to producers, artistic directors, directors, and
casting directors by placing your video on your website or YouTube.
- Review your performance for your continued development.
May I see a sample video?
- Yes. Click below to see a sample video:
How do you “opt in” or “opt out” of videotaping?
- To “opt in”, do nothing. All auditioners will be recorded unless you
ask us not to when you confirm your audition appointment. There is
no charge to be recorded. You will only be charged if you decide to
purchase a video.
- To “opt out”, simply go to the General Auditions registration desk in the lobby and ask not to be recorded.
How much does it cost?
- We will deliver an H.264 file that is optimized for uploading to
YouTube for $85 when purchased before February 12, 2017 after which the price increases to $95.
- We will keep a copy of your video for 6 months after the audition
date. After 3 months there will be a retrieval charge of $15.00 to recover your file.
When are orders due?
- Orders are due by February 12, 2017. In order to offer low cost
video production, we must be efficient as possible. Please order by
the deadline. Late orders incur a $10.00 surcharge.
What if I decide I don’t want a video after you have already shot it?
- After your audition, simply go to the registration desk in the lobby
and say you no longer want your video. A refund will be issued by
the same means it was paid. We do require that you cancel your order
on the same day of your audition as we begin editing and compressing
your video immediately after the auditions.
Do you edit the video? Do you add titles?
- We add a TBA & production logo and a simple title with your name at
the opening of the video. We add fade ins and fade outs for a
professional presentation. Otherwise, the video is a complete
recording of your entire audition.
Can I put the video on my own website?
- Absolutely! The easiest method is to link to YouTube. Alternatively you can
recompress the file we deliver into whatever format you require.
How do I get my H.264 file?
- We will send you a link to download your file from our file transfer service, “HighTail”. The link is for downloading only and not for distribution. This link will remain available for 30 days.
When do I get my video?
- Media files will be available approximately 6 weeks after the auditions.
Do you offer a guarantee?
- We offer a full, money back guarantee for the quality of our video
recording. This does not, however, mean you can return the video for
a refund if you decide you do not like the quality of your
performance. The guarantee is for our work, not yours.
Do you shoot Equity Actors?
- No. We encourage you to contact your Actors’ Equity Filming and
Taping representative and ask them why. Click here to contact Equity
Who is Flying Moose Pictures?
- We are professional videographers with 17 years of experience
shooting live performance in the San Francisco Bay Area. The
majority of our business is for performing artists and non-profit
organizations. We subsidize our performing arts work by producing
- We are an experienced crew of 3: camera, sound, and